Gifts That Make an Impact Now
If you would like to make a tremendous difference in our mission to end cancer today, consider the giving options below — many of which have financial and personal benefits to you.
Recommend a grant now from your Donor-Advised Fund
Memorial or Tribute Gift
When you give a memorial or tribute gift for MD Anderson Cancer Center to honor someone special, you’re expressing your love, admiration and gratitude in a deeply meaningful way. Your gift will honor your loved one, create a lasting tribute and help to eliminate this devastating disease.
Gifts of Appreciated Securities
You can use stocks, bonds and mutual funds that have appreciated in value to support our shared vision. You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the security (up to a maximum of 30% of your adjusted gross income) and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the security. If you’re interested in this tax-advantaged way to support MD Anderson, download instructions here.
Matching Gift Opportunities
Would you like to maximize the impact of your giving and encourage other supporters to mobilize on behalf of cancer patients? Consider sponsoring a matching gift challenge. Donate a pool of funds to MD Anderson, from which we will match any donation made within a given period of time. In this way, you can double the impact of your giving.
Qualified Charitable Distribution
You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to MD Anderson. This is an effective way to have an immediate impact and ensure our work to reduce the effects of cancer through leading-edge research and patient programs. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from your IRA account to MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Because your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to MD Anderson, it does not create taxable income for you.
- If you are 72 or older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support MD Anderson, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.